- It appears that the economy shrank less than expect in quarter 2, which is another sign that the economy is actually growing.
- Despite a drop in income, Nike's first quarter profits held steady due to saving from job cuts and a smaller marketing budget.
- Nautilus, the Vancouver-based fitness equipment company is trying to sell its entire commercial operation to focus solely on the consumer side of business.
- It looks like Washington state along with Oregon will not increase their minimum wage.
- Intel and Nike make the top 10 list of the 500 greenest corporations in America.
- The Biggi family has decided not to sell their land to Beaverton, stopping the Portland Beavers from moving there.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
What's Going On Around Portland And The Northwest
Here are some links to some stories that are going on around Portland and the Northwest that I thought I would share:
Posted by Brandon Schrader at 9:35 AM